Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Relational Aesthetics! That was easier to Google!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relational_Aesthetics

And with an easy explanation. Great.
According to Bourriaud, relational art encompasses "a set of artistic practices which take as their theoretical and practical point of departure the whole of human relations and their social context, rather than an independent and private space." [3]
hmm, so Dad building abstracts with Baby's Blocks may NOT be relational art? Cos that is private space, or do we then look at what environment baby & dad interacts in? ... ???
A relational artist might, for example, convert a gallery space into a temporary stand for serving coffee, with the addition of background music, suitable lighting, books to read, and comfortable chairs. The artwork here consists of creating a social environment in which people come together to participate in a shared activity. Bourriaud claims "the role of artworks is no longer to form imaginary and utopian realities, but to actually be ways of living and models of action within the existing real, whatever scale chosen by the artist."
Well, there we go;
In relational art, the audience is envisaged as a community. Rather than the artwork being an encounter between a viewer and an object, relational art produces intersubjective encounters.

http://www.stretcher.org/archives/i1_a/2003_02_25_i1_archive.php

- I think my little planned egg-installation for the "FUSE" (?) exhibition 23rd of june has NOTHING to do with this type of art. It does NOT facinate me. Same goes for my transparent sheets. Well; the Audience has to create their own art inside the transparent sheets; see each other or nothing or lots... I just give them the right framework to look at the world with different eyes... Most will probably not even think I DO leave it up to them to see what they want, or be aware of what they wanted to find upon entering the gallery, or even call it art; and MAYBE; neither do I! Hahahahahahahhaha! Hehehe, neimen så kult! Hahahahahahahaha!
-cos I cannot controll what people see anyway! Hmmmmmmmm -Varme i magen * Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, må jo snakke med læreren i morgen .. :D

The eyes that see my work will have to decide 4 themselves what it is.. I am only suggesting & trying to make people aware...

In the 1960s and '70s artists invented new tools. I think my generation and the upcoming generation of artists consider the history of art as a toolbox.

NEXT THEME; http://publishedart.com.au/bookshop.html?book_id=3244&ref_dept_id=2
-Have a look! How SWEET!?! Yes? :)

AND this; http://publishedart.com.au/bookshop.html?book_id=2270

YOU KNOW WHAT!? I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ALL THE THEORIES ABOUT DRAWING; I'LL READ IT, AND I ENJOY IT FOR THE SAKE I ENJOY TALKING ABOUT THINGS I LOVE, AND IT WILL PROBABLY CHANGE MY PERSEPTION OF DRAWING, BUT MAYBE MAINLY RESPECT IT MORE? LIKE A SUB-CULTURE CLAIMING ITS RIGHTS TO EXCIST, HAHAHAHA! see, i am hooked. To someones (maybe) delight I did say; Thank God someone wants to do philosophy, co s I'm not gonna do it! -and here I am, putting words into subjects... HMMMM

another phantastic idea; fill a pot I make with philosophy around (hahaha) the making of drawing on the pot, and its status, history and value! See, I am hooked....

http://www.phaidon.com/

No comments: