Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Relational Drawing

Does Relational Drawing mean drawing that makes people relate? If so, I consider my baby's little Blocks done up by Dad, and shot by him, to be exactly that. I am now about to embark (Bark Bark) on a journey initiated by my Teacher; What (the Hell) is that relational drawing?





(Daddy always said the abstract stuff I made never made sense to him, that was until he discovered babys toys... ).


ANYWAY; Relational Drawing; here I come; what is it? Google; Provisional Pedagogy as Interdisciplinary Action

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

or OPS; written by professor Leoni Schmidt.... my "contemporary Drawing" art theory teacher... Well, read & pass, -what more can I say.. HAHAHAHA! Link; http://a08.cgpublisher.com/proposals/5/index_html



if you, like me; do NOT feel like reading it; try this sentence ;

Relational registers of contemporary drawing insist on the propadeutic moment before completion for the sake of process and a holding pattern enabling learning as moment-to-moment emergence of subjectivity through immersion in materiality, spatiality and temporality.
-and be TOTALLY put off!

-but I am in a position where I have to keep reading, so just give me a minute, and I'll come back to tell you if Daddys Play with Baby's Blocks, IS relational drawing.



OK; OXFORDS ADVANCED LEARNERS DICTIONARY DID NOT FIND "propadeutic/al - so I must ask her myself on thursday. But it seems Müm (me) will be able to learn a new word or two throughout this 8 week drawing-course... Not only repeating Jesus Christ, and other phrases I use quite often, (in)appropriate or not ++ WELL, -whenever I dont understand..



OXFORDS DICTIONARY;



pro•vi•sion•al /prvnl/ adj. 1 arranged for the present time only and likely to be changed in the future temporary: a provisional government provisional arrangements2 arranged, but not yet definite: The booking is only provisional. pro•vi•sion•al•ly /nli/ adv.: The meeting has been provisionally arranged for Friday.



FROM LEONIS WRITINGS;


2) Martin Heidegger’s understanding of provisionality as crucial to learning through anticipation and the experience of possibilities;



-why does it seem possible she might think Im dumb?

-answer; because I dont even understand the words she use, let alone how she put the together; and thereby all meaning seems lost. When she asked us (in class) to put down 5 bullet-points (-she's South African!!) -about "what is drawing", I felt a thouch of panic, -but as she continue; "to you" I could breath again, and thought; Yeah!! WHAT IS DRAWING TO ME?"

-GREAT; Müm puts down 5 bullet-points (-whatever... just cant help wondering about the assosiations of that word) and the first one goes; quite excitingly on my behalf as I discover it;



A GREY LINE!



That, to me, is enough for a whole essay! To Leoni though, it resulted in, upon telling class, a little compassionate and sarcastic smile before ignoring my comment all in all, and continuing the lecture as if I never said anything.



Well, we're in art-school, and Im NOT very intellectually buildt, which is reflected in how I respond to art & philosophy; visually and emotionally. Meaning, -to pass this crap of a course I will have to argue the need for these qualities in my essay... Another 2000 words.. yeah!



We have different gifts in life, and John, my co-student will probably make me see this incident in a positive light. Lucky he's around!! He's gifted in many ways, and definitely not intellectually handicaped. G- how I keep crapping on tonight, must be boaring to read!? Well, it sure feels great to write!



-instead of deleting this, I will use it to sort my thoughts.



TRY THESE;



The theoretical framework for the analysis of the selected case studies is constructed through and across five key ideas embedded in current discourse regarding visual arts education: 1) Henri Lefebvre’s notion of space-time as relational, involving the body, architecture and their socio-political milieu; 2) Martin Heidegger’s understanding of provisionality as crucial to learning through anticipation and the experience of possibilities; 3) Michel Serres’ insistence on learning as dynamic crossbreeding between disciplines; 4) Paolo Freire’s contribution to our understanding of participatory action research and its pedagogical benefits; and 5) John Berger’s experience of drawing as a process of correction through which we never cease to learn.



THAT IS WHY I THINK GREY LINE IS A GREAT "BULLET-POINT(!)"



Who am I trying to fool, just because I do not agree, does not make me learn, does it? How about activating those Little Grey Brain Cells and get onto it... OK.

I now consider Dad's BUILDING (the action itself) a relational drawing -but will Müm then be the "drawer" if I displayed them on the floor to be interacted with? WHat a great exhibition idea, hey? hmmm.... hehehehehe. Throw the whole bag of Blocks out on the floor! Giii Haaaah!

http://info.tuwien.ac.at/raumsim/ECAADE/proc/kolarev/kolarev.htm

C u later!

(just for you to enjoy; )


Mark's Cat!

PS; GREAT, now I'm nbr 5 listet in Google on Relational Drawing, and number 5 refering to nbr 1... hihihihi Giggle giggle giggle

No comments: